(Formerly the Tenterden Schools Christian worker trust)
Early in 2011 Anglican churches in the then Tenterden Deanery started discussing the possibility of providing Homewood School with a full-time Christian Schools Worker, to work exclusively in the school.
The plan developed momentum with the strong enthusiasm and support of the Principal of Homewood, Sally Lees who became a strong advocate, and provided a compelling vision of how the Christian Schools Worker would be welcomed at Homewood.
The project five years on
Nathan Wilson was appointed as Christian Schools Worker to Homewood in April 2012, and left in July 2016, over this period developing this, into a highly successful project building on our original vision:
- To support and encourage Christian pupils, and staff
- To provide pastoral support to the whole school community
- To help the teaching of the social and spiritual curriculum, including ERS (Ethical and Religious Studies).
- To help with planning and leading of school clubs.
We believe this project is important because
- It links the young members of our churches, who would otherwise be isolated,
- It offers continuity of support, which many churches offer through our primary schools, on into secondary school.
- It demonstrates churches working together as a sign of the Kingdom of God.
- It shows God’s love to Young People in a way that was not possible before
Please support us with donations and prayer.
Policies and values
The Trust seek to work within the policies and values of the schools they work in.
Policies which the Trust has reviewed and adopted:
Updated September 2016